Welcome to Dallas County Medical Society Alliance Foundation 

and 

Dallas County Medical Society Alliance

Centennial Booklet

CLICK HERE to see Centennial Celebration Booklet


 
Mission Statement

 

The Dallas County Medical Society Alliance Foundation (DCMSAF) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to promote health education through community programming, to preserve and maintain the historic Aldredge House, and provide financial support to other 501(c)(3) organizations.

Founded in 1917, DCMSAF was the first medical auxiliary in the country. The organization served as a model for other medical auxiliaries throughout the United States that were founded in the early twentieth century. Members are physicians and physicians’ spouses dedicated to the healthcare needs of Dallas County residents.


The Dallas County Medical Society Alliance (DCMSA) was created in 2005 as a 501(c)(6) nonprofit organization. It provides educational programs and fellowship to its members with a focus on ensuring patients' access to medical care in Texas and supporting the medical community in its efforts to deliver this care. 



Community Partners Network
Crohn's & Colitis Foundation
Genesis Women's Shelter
Preservation Dallas
National Alliance for Mental Illness
Dallas Historical Society

Swiss Avenue Historic District Association
Leap Foundation
Swiss Avenue Historical District
Edna Gladney Center
Dallas Heritage Village Guild
Baylor Health Care System Foundation
The Family Place
Summerlee Foundation
Spokes for Folks
Founder's Garden Club
Agape Clinic
Dallas Symphony Orchestra League
American Heart Association
Texas Medical Association Alliance
Dallas County Medical Society
Medical Center Women's Club
Jubilee Park and Community Center
Boys and Girls Club of Greater Dallas
Dallas Museum of Art League
Women's Council of the Dallas Arboretum & Botanical Garden
DME (Durable Medical Equipment) Exchange of Dallas
Reading Partners
Incarnation House                                                                      

Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation




HISTORICAL NOTES

 

May 1917

Woman's Auxiliary to the Dallas County Medical Society was created as the first 

permanent woman’s county medical auxiliary in nation, organized

by a group of Dallas doctor’s wives. Mrs. John McReynolds was elected

president and the group voted to support Red Cross work.

 

May 1918

Mrs. E.H. Cary of Dallas was elected first president of the auxiliary to the

Texas Medical Association. The three-fold motive was patriotism, philanthropy

and fellowship.

 

May 1922

Dr. E.H. Cary of Dallas presented the proposal that a Woman’s Auxiliary

to the AMA be organized. The resolution was approved, and 23 women

from 10 states elected Mrs. S.C. Red of Houston the first national president.


May 1927

Mrs. John McReynolds of Dallas was elected president of the national

auxiliary.

 

1930’s

A gift of $500 by Mrs. McReynolds in memory of her mother was the

foundation for the establishment of the Physician’s Benevolent Fund –

Medical Student Loan Fund.

 

1940’s

Library Fund established. Auxiliary supported the effort through Red

Cross, bond drives and other efforts. Southwestern Medical School

established. Health Museum opened, only the second of its kind in the

country.

 

1950’s

Edith Cavell Nursing Scholarship established. Future Nurse Clubs established

in area high schools. First health fair in Texas held in Dallas.

 

1960’s

Auxiliary continues programs of health education, health awareness and

philanthropy.

 

1970’s

Aldredge House becomes permanent home for the auxiliary, dedicated in

1975. Aldredge House was chosen as Kappa Alpha Theta Designers showcase.

The TV show “Dallas” filmed the first episodes with the Aldredge House for 

interior scenes. “Facets” replaces “MD’s Wife” as the name of the national 

auxiliary magazine, submitted from Dallas. Name changed to the Dallas County 

Medical Society Auxiliary and was recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) organization.  

 

1980’s

Aldredge House cookbook published. Health and Science Museum becomes

Science Place. First Health Check held at Valley View Mall. The Aldredge House

recognized as a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark.

 

1990’s

Health Education, promoting healthy lifestyles and philanthropy, continues

to be the focus. The organization changed its name to the Dallas County 

Medical Society Alliance, and celebrated its 75th Anniversary in 1992 and its

80th Anniversary in 1997.

 

2004

Name was changed to Dallas County Medical Society Alliance Foundation

with a mission to promote health education, preserve and maintain the historic

Aldredge House, and provide financial support to other 501(c)(3) organizations. 


2005

A new 501(c)(6) organization was established using the now available name,

Dallas County Medical Society Alliance.  Members enjoy educational programs, 

fellowship and opportunities for volunteering.


2007

DCMSAF celebrated its 90th birthday and launched its own

new health project entitled “E.C.H.O.” for Encouraging Children to

Healthy Options.

 

2010

DCMSAF renewed the Community Health Fair with the event held at

Church of the Incarnation on McKinney for low-income families in the

75204 zip code.

 

2011

TMAA Award for Dedication to the Mission.

 

2012

TMAA Award for Alliance of the Future.

 

2014

Aldredge House wins the Preservation Dallas 2014 Achievement Award

that recognizes outstanding projects involving the preservation, rehabilitation

and enhancement of Dallas’ historic buildings and neighborhoods.

 

2015
AMAA Award for Social Media Excellence


2016
TMAA Award for Recognition for Perseverance in Activities to Save 
the Historic Aldredge House
Southern Medical Association Alliance Award for Outstanding Year 
Regarding Efforts to Save the Historic Aldredge House
TMAA Award for Recognition for Membership Increase in 2015


 


 

 

 

 

© Dallas County Medical Society Alliance Foundation
Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software